Effective means for the treatment of varicose veins in the legs
Varicose veins in the legs are a common vascular pathology that requires medical attention. Statistics show that both women and men suffer from varicose veins equally. The disease poses a serious threat and requires periodic treatment throughout life. You often have to use surgical methods. The use of folk remedies as adjuvant therapy significantly improves the condition of blood vessels, accelerates their recovery.
What are varicose veins
Varicose veins in the legs are a continuous dilation of a part of a vein. Such a pathology occurs due to the loss of elasticity of the venous walls. Translated from Latin, "varicose" means "knot", "tumor". The disease is characterized by impaired blood flow through the vessels of the lower extremities. The first alarming signs: fatigue, heaviness in the legs, swelling. These symptoms usually appear at the end of the working day and are therefore rarely noticed. Later, other manifestations appear in the form of an open vascular network, venous nodules. There are cramps, pains. Signs of rash and dermatitis are more common in men with varicose veins.
Varicose veins pose a threat to the patient's health and life. The danger lies in the complications of the pathology:
- Due to the disruption of blood flow, the trophism (nutrition) of blood vessels is reduced, which leads to the formation of trophic ulcers that do not heal for a long time.
- There is a high risk of blood clots causing the pulmonary arteries to rupture. The occurrence of pulmonary thromboembolism within a few minutes often results in the rapid death of the patient. In this case, it is important to provide timely medical care.
- Development of thrombophlebitis in which blood clots form in the superficial vessels. There is a risk of blood clots.
Causes of the disease
Varicose veins in the legs are thought to be more common in women. This view is incorrect. Varicose veins are also common in men. In women, the disease is triggered by wearing narrow high-heeled shoes and tight clothes, while in men it is a bad habit, heavy physical strength, weight lifting.
Among the most common causes of impaired venous blood flow are:
- congenital anomalies of blood vessels and connective tissues;
- hereditary factor;
- lower extremity injuries and fistulas;
- rheumatoid arthritis;
- to take hormonal drugs;
- overweight and obesity;
- load on the lower extremities (long sitting or standing, uncomfortable shoes, bad habits, pregnancy).
Methods of treatment
Conservative treatment lasts a lifetime and consists of periodic medication and special physiotherapy exercises. Patients should follow their diet, avoid heavy lifting, intense running and jumping, and alcohol abuse. Smoking should be avoided because nicotine is dangerous for the arteries of the lower extremities. It is recommended to wear orthopedic shoes and compression stockings.
The following therapies are used to treat varicose veins in the legs:
- sclerotherapy (a special drug is applied that causes sclerosis of the affected vessel);
- laser therapy (laser destruction of the affected vessel);
- hirudotherapy (medical leeches);
- drug treatment (venotonics, foreign agents, blood thinners);
- folk remedies.
Any action at home should be agreed with the doctor.
Treatment with folk remedies
Starting with the treatment of varicose veins at home with folk remedies, the patient should understand that it is impossible to get rid of the problem quickly. The key to the success of therapy is an integrated approach. You need to reconsider your diet and eliminate fried foods, smoked meats and fats. Medical research has shown that beer has a negative effect on the process of blood flow. A healthy lifestyle is very important. Physical education requires prior consultation with a phlebologist. Excessive loads, like a sedentary lifestyle, are unacceptable.
The use of folk remedies in the fight against varicose veins is pleasant.
After consulting your doctor, you should start taking a handmade remedy.
Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a leader among folk remedies that can relieve pain, swelling and fever in the area of swollen veins. This quality is due to the set of vitamins and trace elements in the product. It is recommended to take on an empty stomach every day: 2 teaspoons in a glass of water. You can use this mixture all year round. In addition to oral application, baths and compresses are used. Wipe the veins with vinegar after water procedures.
- fill the bath with cold water (approximately up to the knees);
- Pour 0. 5 liters of apple cider vinegar and mix.
It is enough to keep your feet in the solution for 5 minutes. After that, you need to dry your feet naturally. This recipe is suitable if the venous nodes are located below the knee.
It is better to apply a compress before bedtime. The napkin is moistened with vinegar and applied to the affected area. Parchment paper is placed on it, then a bandage and a towel are placed. In a prone position, the legs should be raised 50 cm. A roller or pillow is suitable for this. The compress is stored for 30 minutes. The course of treatment lasts 1-2 months.
Treated with green tomatoes
The healing properties of tomatoes are due to their lycopene. This substance is able to improve the elasticity of blood vessels, protect against thrombosis and lower blood pressure. In addition to the external use of green tomatoes, those suffering from varicose veins should eat foods with tomato paste on a daily basis. This helps to strengthen the blood vessels from the inside.
For the procedure, tomatoes should be cut into thin circles and applied along the diseased vein. Provide with a bandage. This compress should be left overnight. The most effective option is to use such treatment for a year at short intervals. You can take a three-week course at 7-10 day intervals.
Compresses the vascular area
Compresses in the vascular area can reduce pain, swelling and heat. They improve blood circulation and strengthen the vascular wall. It will not be possible to completely eliminate external defects, but you can make them less noticeable.
Effective compresses for painful veins:
- Burdock leaves. To do this you need a burdock leaf and green tree lice. The greens are spread on burdock and applied to the damaged area of the vein, fastened with a bandage. Such a compress can not be stored for more than 2 hours. During this time, the tree lice need to be changed several times to keep them fresh.
- Squeeze with cabbage leaves. You will need white cabbage leaves smeared with a thin layer of honey. The sheet is applied to the venous node and left for 2 hours. The second way: a cabbage leaf is slightly rolled with a rolling pin, lubricated with vegetable oil and applied to the affected area. Repair and leave for a day. The course of treatment is 1 month.
- Treated with blue clay. Dilute the clay to the consistency of sour cream, apply along the diseased vein, wrap in several layers of gauze. Leave for 2 hours.
- Potato compress. Two or three raw tubers need to be peeled. Potatoes are finely grated, put in a layer 1 cm thick on the veins. The bandage is soaked in potato juice and straightens the mass. Such a compress is applied for 5 hours.
- Bodyaga lowers temperature, soothes blood vessels, relieves pain. Finely chop 30 g of stems and leaves, pour 200 g of boiling water and keep on low heat for 15 minutes. After decoction, it is necessary to cool it, moisten the bandage with warm decoction and apply it to the veins. Wrap a towel around it and keep it warm. Put your feet in a chair at a height of 50-60 cm, the procedure lasts 30 minutes.
- Honey compress. Apply a layer of honey on a bandage or gauze placed on the area of the knots. From above, the foot is wrapped in a film, then a bandage is applied. The first day lasts 2 hours, then 1 hour is added, and from the fourth day the compress remains all night. The course of treatment is 3-4 weeks.
- Garlic gruel from white cloves (blue color does not match) is mixed with butter in a ratio of 1: 2. The mixture is applied at night, parchment and bandage is placed on it. In the morning, wash the mixture and put on warm clothes. The treatment lasts 1, 5-3 months.
- A compress of sour milk and wormwood relieves pain and swelling. Crush the wormwood and mix with sour milk. Apply the mixture to the swollen area of the vein, wrap in parchment, wrap in a bandage and warm with a towel. During this treatment you need to eat 2-3 sour apples in the morning and evening. The compress is applied daily for a week, overnight. The course of procedures is 1 week 3 months per month.
Folk remedies for oral administration
You can treat varicose veins with the following recipes for folk remedies for oral administration:
|Infusion of arnica and hazelnuts||1 st. l. arnica and hazelnut peel pour three cups of boiling water, insist in a thermos for 10-12 hours.||3/4 cup three times a day|
|Infusion of hop cones||A tablespoon of crushed raw material is poured into a glass of boiling water and kept in a water bath for 15 minutes.||A glass before a meal|
|Honey garlic mixture||250 g of garlic cuttings are mixed with 350 g of honey and insisted for two weeks.||1 st. l. 30 minutes before eating|
|Nettle infusion||2 tbsp. l. Stinging nettle for 1 cup boiling water, leave for 1 hour, strain||1/4 cup three times a day. Course 2 weeks, then take a break|
|Nutmeg infusion||A teaspoon of nutmeg should be powdered in a coffee grinder, pour 1 tsp. honey, mix. Pour the mixture into boiling water (200 g)||For a glass before breakfast. The treatment lasts from 30 days to a year|
These recipes have an analgesic effect, have the ability to improve blood flow and restore epithelial tissue.
Kalanchoe is a family doctor who can help treat many diseases. Improves blood circulation, eliminates inflammation, heals ulcers. Before harvesting the leaves to prepare a tincture, the plant should not be watered for a week.
Neatly cut leaves of the plant are folded into a half-liter jar and add 0. 5 liters of vodka or alcohol. The mixture should be brewed for a week. It should be shaken periodically during the infusion. This tincture is effective for home treatment. The herbal composition is rubbed from the feet to the knees before going to bed. After the procedure, the legs should be bent. For a greater effect, you can lubricate the veins with camphor oil after the procedure. You should do this every day for 4 months. Less than this period will not give the expected result.
In patients with varicose veins, it is important to monitor nutrition and weight. Each extra weight adds stress to the legs. Fatty meat, fried foods and smoked meats should be excluded from the diet. You have to take care of the chair. If there are problems, it is recommended to include dried fruits, dairy products, fiber-rich foods in the diet.
Patients with varicose veins are recommended to eat:
- Sea products. The copper they contain helps in optimal protein synthesis. This makes the veins elastic.
- Fresh vegetable salads. You just need to fill them with oil. Such vessels strengthen blood vessels.
- Seaweed, like seafood, is rich in copper and effectively prevents capillary thinning.
- Kashi. It should be included in the diet at least 4 times a week. Especially useful are buckwheat, rice, semolina and rye.
- Beef liver. Improves blood properties
Movement plays an important role in the treatment of varicose veins. Exercises for self-fulfillment should be chosen mainly from the lying and sitting position. You can't train during aggravation.
Here are some simple exercises recommended for varicose veins:
- You need to sit on the floor, stretch your legs and put your hands on the floor. Bend the right leg at the knee and do lifting movements with the left leg 10-15 times. The foot should be straight. Then repeat for the right foot.
- At medium speed, "bike" from a prone position 10-15 times.
- Standing, legs half a squat 10-15 times, at a distance of 30-40 cm.
- Stand up and stand on your toes, then on your heels. Repeat 10-20 times.
- Do the "maple" exercise from a prone position. Promotes blood flow
After training, a contrast shower is effective.
With varicose veins, it is necessary to get rid of bad habits, follow a proper diet, work and rest. If the work consists of standing or sitting for a long time, it is necessary to take breaks and change the position of the body. It is recommended to lift your legs from time to time during the day to create an outlet.