How to treat varicose veins, how to help the body
Varicose veins - most common in people over 30 years of age. Varicose veins affect not only beautiful women, but also the strong half of humanity.
If you start treating varicose veins in the early stages, then you can quickly stop their development and completely eliminate the unpleasant symptoms.
There are many ways and means of treating varicose veins, usually prescribed together to make the treatment as productive and effective as possible.
Conventionally, the treatment of varicose veins can be divided into four groups:
- Drug treatment.
- Therapeutic measures of a preventive nature.
- Non-traditional ways.
- Surgical methods of varicose veins.
Let's first take a closer look at how to treat varicose veins with medication.
This includes medicines for external and internal use.
Use of external drugs: creams, gels and various anti-varicose ointments. Drugs of this group are especially effective in the treatment of varicose veins in the legs in the early stages. The way to use them is simple. External drugs should be rubbed into varicose veins twice a day.
All external anti-varicose drugs are divided into 4 types according to the method of action:
- Accelerate venous blood flow. The main component of these drugs is generally heparin.
- Vaso-enhancing substances with decongestant and analgesic effect.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. It is used to treat varicose veins in the legs during thrombus formation.
- Hormonal antihistamines.
The next group of drugs used to treat varicose veins includes oral medications that will affect varicose veins on all sides of the body.
- Phlebotonics - normalizes intravenous blood circulation and tones varicose veins. The methods of treatment of varicose veins using such funds are generally similar and are two pills. However, the exact dosage will be determined only by a qualified physician. These drugs not only help to eliminate varicose veins, but also significantly reduce the unpleasant symptoms in the form of swelling, pain and burning.
- How to treat varicose veins with blood thinners? Such substances normalize intravenous blood flow and prevent excessive blood clotting.
How to treat varicose veins using contrasting temperature? Hydrotherapy will help to cope with the disease - it is a consistent effect of cold and hot water flows. The result is a sharp contraction, followed by varicose veins.
This method of treatment is especially effective in the early stages of varicose veins, when capillary stars appear on the surface of the skin.
In addition to drug therapy, a number of therapeutic exercises are recommended for the treatment of varicose veins.
Here are some effective exercises for varicose veins:
- From the "supine" position of the bike.
- Get up from toes to heels and vice versa.
- Roll a tennis ball in turn, placing both feet on the ground.
- Pool activities.
- Yoga complex recommended for patients with varicose veins.
Treatment of varicose veins with alternative medicine is also effective. You should discuss this with your doctor before deciding to try this or any other folk recipe.
Horse chestnut, nettle, apple cider vinegar, garlic and soda are used in most folk medicine to treat varicose veins.
- Take 9% apple cider vinegar solution and rub the problem areas. The procedure should be repeated twice a day for a month.
- Pour 500 ml of vodka, fifty grams of chestnut blossoms, infuse in a dark place for 14 days. Recommendations for reception are as follows: Take 2 tbsp. l. three times a day for a month.
- Take 1 tablespoon each of chicory, turf, coltsfoot, chamomile and St. John's wort, pour 0, 5 cups of water and bring to a boil. After the broth has cooled, drain and add a glass of butter (preferably badger). Such an ointment should be applied at night, additionally warmed with a film and a piece of bandage.
Services of medical institutions
Varicose veins are treated only in specialized private clinics or public hospitals. Surgical interventions of varying degrees of complexity include:
- Sclerotherapy is the delivery of a special solution to the affected vessel, which will ensure the adhesion of the vessels and eliminate the blood supply systems. This method is recommended for the treatment of varicose veins, especially in the early stages, because later the effectiveness of the method is reduced by 30%.
- Laser and radiofrequency ablation - varicose veins are glued together due to exposure to laser beams or radiation frequencies. Such treatment is performed under local anesthesia and in some cases requires rehabilitation.
- Phlebectomy is the complete or partial removal of a varicose vein. Although this method is one of the most effective methods, it is gradually obsolete because it involves complete anesthesia, very severe pain and long-term postoperative improvement.
If you are in doubt about choosing a method for the treatment of varicose veins, then you can always consult a phlebologist.
As you can see, there are many methods for the treatment of varicose veins, and all of them can be effective by strictly following the doctor's recommendations, prescription and method of application.
We must not forget to adjust the daily routine and diet. In addition, it is best to get rid of bad habits: alcohol and nicotine consumption is one-time.
It is necessary to apply continuous preventive measures against varicose veins. contrast shower, external venotonic substances, gentle physical activity.