Varicose veins in the legs. Symptoms, treatment at home
Varicose veins in the legs are a fairly common disease that affects a large number of people in middle and old age. Even now, the tendency of the disease to rejuvenate every day still remains. The seriousness of the problem is that once it appears, the disease will last a lifetime.
Symptoms of varicose veins
The walls of the blood vessels become inflamed, bulging veins appear. Such veins do not look aesthetically unpleasant and ugly, but this is not the case. The problem is that in weakened arteries, blood clots form that can enter the heart. People with symptoms of varicose veins consult a doctor. The doctor decides how to treat varicose veins. But there are those who suffer to the last, and when they reach the doctors, the doctors are just terrified.
Swelling of the legs, blue skin, necrotic ulcers, inability to move normally. It can be difficult to help patients with such diseases. Some patients suffer from chronic pain and do not agree to the operation of varicose veins in the legs. It is impossible to get rid of varicose veins in the legs with conservative medical methods. Prescribed medications, therapeutic exercises, compression underwear for varicose veins will help to improve the condition of the veins and to some extent prevent the development of the disease.
The risk group is people who spend a lot of time on the computer, spend a lot of time on their feet. Varicose veins affect obese people with circulatory, respiratory and heart problems.
Treatment of varicose veins at home
Consult your doctor before starting treatment of varicose veins at home with folk remedies.
- Take 1 tablespoon Kalanchoe juice. spoon 3 times a day. Kalanchoe juice has anti-inflammatory, antiseptic properties, is used in surgery for the treatment of pressure ulcers, trophic ulcers, ulcers.
- Pour cold water on your feet every morning as soon as you feel a blood flow, dry and wipe.
- Mix camphor and sunflower oil in equal parts, add a few tablespoons of vodka and mix well. Fold the gauze three times, moisten the prepared composition, squeeze, wrap the painful leg up to the knee. Cover with compress paper (you can not use polyethylene! ), Put an elastic bandage that is not tight. You need a bandage so you can stick your finger in it. Walk with a bandage for three days, during which time you should not overload your legs with work and long walks.
- Remove the bandage 4 days before bedtime. Pour 3 tablespoons into a glass of cold boiled water at room temperature. spoon of hydrogen peroxide (pharmaceutical preparation). Dip the seeds into the composition, squeeze, wrap the legs for two hours. For varicose veins, this folk remedy is used until recovery. It is also used for thrombophlebitis.
The best remedy for varicose veins in the legs is a compress with honey, the recommended course is four days.
A layer of honey is applied to the linen fabric, applied to problem areas, fixed tightly with a bandage, not tightly with a bandage. On the first day, keep the compress for two hours, for the next two days, four hours, on the last day - leave overnight. Repeat the compression once a month.
Another recipe for varicose veins:
Combine a tablespoon of coarse salt with a glass of honey. Apply to the fabric, stick to the problem area, fix the bandage for two days, then remove, arrange a day off. Repeat this nine times. Varicose veins are small in the legs. Take a month off after the course, then you can repeat. Knots may disappear completely. The tariff has contraindications: its use is prohibited for trophic ulcers.
Hazelnuts (hazelnuts), ie the shell, improves blood circulation in the capillaries, helps well in varicose veins. The infusion helps patients with high cholesterol and atherosclerosis. Hazelnut peel contains betulin, a beneficial substance that helps lower cholesterol levels and reduce atherosclerotic plaques in the arteries. Betulin has a beneficial effect on liver function, prevents obesity. The tariff is simple:
Pour 2 cups of boiling water into a thermos, add 50 g. hazelnut peel, leave to infuse for 5 hours, strain, use 0, 5 cups 4 times daily before meals.
Ointment for varicose veins
Take 1 tablespoon chopped whole herbs and mix. spoon: burdock roots, meadow grasses, sequence, St. John's wort, wormwood, clover flowers, cuff leaves.
Add 3 tablespoons to half a glass of boiling water. spoons of collection, cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Take 2 tbsp. tablespoons vegetable and melted butter, add to the boiled raw material, mix, cool, transfer to a dark glass jar with a tight lid.
Store in the refrigerator. The ointment is applied to the problem area with a thick layer, fixed with a loose bandage and an elastic bandage. Change the bandage 3 times a day.
Diet for varicose veins
With varicose veins in the legs, you need to control your diet. Vessels should not be overloaded with greasy, heavy food and semi-finished products. Summer is the best time of the year for the recovery of varicose veins. In the hot season, fresh, healthy food, many vitamins are available.
Try to eat more foods that are good for your blood vessels. Many patients do not pay attention to proper nutrition, relying only on ointments, tablets, rubs. But you can't just help yourself with medication, you have to keep a diet.
Here are some tips to follow:
- The prerequisite is to eat a large handful of greens during the day. Eat lettuce, dill, cabbage, it contains a lot of vitamins.
- An excellent source of vitamin C is bell pepper. Vegetables are considered antioxidants, strengthen the walls of blood vessels. Eat in salads, soups, or you can eat raw.
- In summer, replace meat soups with okroshka, soups with herbs in kefir, cold borscht. The listed foods are lower in calories and do not overload the stomach.
- Porridge for every breakfast - start with oatmeal, wheat, honey or berries.
- A glass of freshly squeezed juice from any berries, apples, beets and carrots is a must.
- Fast with vegetables once a week. On such a day, eat only salads and vegetable broths.
Do not starve yourself, do not eat baked goods, but you can chew berries, carrots, cabbage leaves. The body itself will understand that it will not have to starve, and will stop storing fats for future use. The veins will only get better from this.
As you can see, the recommendations are quite simple. If you do not overload yourself with heavy meals, but eat more fresh vegetables and fruits, varicose veins in the legs will be reduced, and night cramps will disappear with them.