Varicose veins. Take action
Varicose veins in the legs in women - dilation of superficial vessels with damaged valves and poor blood flow. Blood flows from the legs through deep and superficial veins, which are connected to each other.
The cause of varicose veins in the legs in women is the source of the disease:
All vessels have caps, if the deep veins cannot cope with the loads, the load increases on the surface. They bleed more, it is more difficult to cope.
At this time, we see swollen veins visible on the skin.
- Sedentary lifestyle, laziness or sedentary work.
- Passion for newly discovered diets devoid of fiber.
- Parental inheritance plays a very important role.
- He wears tight, tight pants and high heels.
- Our habit of sitting on our feet, blood flow almost stops.
- Heavy loads in the gym.
- To take hormones, contraceptives, cold medicines.
These are common causes of varicose veins in the legs in women.
Symptoms of varicose veins in women, how to tell if you have this disease:
The insidious aspect of this disease is that in women, varicose veins do not appear in any way at first, for a very long time it is just a cosmetic defect.
When you feel tired, heaviness in the legs with small dilated veins - these are the first signs of varicose veins in the development of your disease.
- Then the tingling is disturbing.
- Leg cramps, itching, especially at night,
- Burning sensations.
- Heat, pain, swelling.
- When edema occurs, the skin darkens, becomes smooth, there are cuts, and abrasions in the legs do not improve for a long time.
- These are more alarming symptoms of the disease, the body tells you that the disease itself can not cope, so you need to see a specialist for help.
Diagnosis of varicose veins in women:
Perform the following diagnostics for varicose veins:
Methods of studying the venous system.
- Determination of venous pressure in mm Hg: use photoplasty in different parts of the patient using compression tests.
- Air plethysmography: determines not only the volume of the foot (mm), but also the volume of venous blood discharge and its part. Residual volume during a test performed on the contraction of the calf muscles.
- Doppler ultrasound: auscultation and graphically determine the permeability of large vessels. You can confirm or deny the diagnosis with Valsalva maneuvers and compression tests.
- Duplex scanning: it checks the main vessels (determine their size, openness, lumen condition and the presence of blood clots, the nature and speed of blood flow, valve function and failure).
- Intravenous augmented phlebography: a contrast agent is injected into a peripheral vein. The purpose of the study is to determine the pathology of the vessels of the lower and upper extremities.
Symptoms of leg varicose veins in women if left untreated:
If varicose veins are not treated, over time, changes will occur on the inner surface of the lower third of your lower leg:
- Then a very terrible complication - trophic ulcer. You probably know what it is, how difficult it is not to treat it, to live with it. Trophic ulcers occur due to very poor blood flow, a small trauma causes trophic ulcers to spread to the lower leg.
- Blood clots often form in dilated arteries, which can come out at any time and enter the pulmonary artery. Thromboembolism occurs, it is a threat to your life.
Vascular inflammation - if thrombophlebitis has started, you need to rest in bed, lift your legs, put a blanket or some kind of roll under it. This will help eliminate swelling, constrict blood vessels, and prevent gangrene when tissues die.
Make sure your products contain vitamins C, P, A, E and trace elements:
- Potassium, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, iodine, zinc, iron. Large amounts of potassium are found in honey and apple cider vinegar.
- To get these two products immediately, take 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water with up to 4 cups of honey per day. Lubricate your feet with the same composition.
How to treat varicose veins in the legs in women:
Use topical gels as well as medications that increase venous tone and improve blood flow.
Mikulin's exercise is very effective for clearing blood vessels: stand on your feet, keep your heels 1-2 cm away from the ground, then throw sharply on it. After 30 repetitions, rest for 10 seconds. Exercise gently several times a day. You can do a maximum of 60 heels at a time on the floor.
Prevention of varicose veins in the legs in women:
It is very important to prevent varicose veins so that they do not start at the beginning of the disease.
- Start washing your feet with cold water, this is a kind of exercise that strengthens blood vessels.
- Freeze herbs in the freezer, wipe your tired legs with these cubes. Take sage, it has an analgesic, but also soothing effect.
Massage your feet.
To do in a sitting position:
- Tap your feet from the knees to the groin from bottom to top. 3 times is enough.
- Bend your thigh muscles 7 times.
- Massage the knee joint clockwise.
- In a prone position, legs bent at the knees:
Tap the lower leg up and down 3 times.
- Stretch your calf muscles 5 times.
- Shake the leg muscles 4 times.
- Extend your leg. Massage more firmly into each toe, heel, and sole.
- A light, rapid caress of the whole leg, you can not touch the protruding veins - it causes blood clots.
- Do the simplest "bike" exercise, lift your legs in turn, do not bend.
- Browse more. When the disease does not bother you as much as 8000 steps a day.
The following tips are also helpful:
- Avoid alcohol.
- Limit salt, foods, sweets, refined foods, flour, absolutely any canned food, smoked meats, do not carry anything, if you want to be healthy, get rid of them in shape, you will wonder why you never ate them.
- Avoid muscle stiffness and sitting for long periods of time to avoid standing.
- Do not sit crosswise, it will worsen venous flow.
- Don't lose weight.
Exercise your legs daily:
- Stand up more often.
- Climb the stairs on foot, forget that there is at least a 5-storey elevator in the world.
- Walk 1-3 km for at least an hour.
- For a long time (at least 1 hour), keep your legs above the level of your heart.
How to treat varicose veins in the legs in women, folk remedies:
Warm foot baths with decoction of oak bark or calendula flowers are very useful:
Pour 20 grams of boiling water, boil in 0, 5 liters of water for 15-20 minutes, then pour into a bucket, immerse your feet up to your knees for half an hour. I remind you again that the water should be hot, not hot.
I will also give you a recipe for the treatment of trophic ulcers. Just a magic ointment for varicose veins, try it from the heart I help you:
Take one tablespoon at a time:
- Onion juice.
- Laundry soap.
- Ichthyol ointment.
- Aloe juice.
Put everything in a small saucepan, heat to boiling, do not boil, apply the cooled ointment on a cloth, wrap, you will be able to walk with it during the day. Then wash your feet, apply the ointment again one day.
Heal until the ointment runs out. Repeat the treatment 2 times a year. The edema decreases, the veins are almost invisible, the blue disappears, the pain disappears. Successful treatment.
Small varicose veins are treated with a sclerosant drug that closes and eliminates the vein. However, there are drawbacks, you need to wear a tight bandage for a long time, sometimes a bruise remains at the injection site.
Creams, ointments, gels
These are also called venous tonics: various ointments, gels, creams to be applied to the patient's veins, have a beneficial effect on blood flow, vascular wall. Used at the first signs of the disease: heaviness in the legs, night cramps. To improve the results, reduce symptoms, add medicated underwear.
Remove the swelling:
- Take 4 tablespoons of flax seeds in 1 liter of boiling water, boil for 10 minutes, insist wrapped for 1 hour. Drink a glass of warm half a cup every 2 hours 6-8 times a day. The result will be visible in 2-3 weeks.
- Drink lingonberry leaf tea (1 teaspoon in a glass of water).
- 10 grams of maple leaves. Pour hot water up to 50 degrees, keep under the lid for 6 hours. Drink half a glass 2 times a day.
- You can sew bags according to the size of your feet, fill them with maple leaves. Put your feet in a bag to keep the leaves on each side, then they will start sweating, and after 4 hours change them when they get too wet. Sessions 3-4 are generally sufficient.
How to treat varicose veins in women's legs, compression underwear:
If you have an inherited venous disease. Often worried about pain, heaviness in the leg, consult a phlebologist or vascular surgeon for advice.
You are scheduled to undergo Doppler ultrasound or photo plethysmography. Know that the examination is harmless, not painful. Determine the stage of development of your disease, then you will choose a method of treatment.
Medical socks, knee pads, tights are used both for the prevention and treatment of varicose veins. It is called a compression garment, it has 4 degrees of compression (pressure).
They are measured in millimeters of mercury. In the initial form of varicose veins, first-degree socks or tights with a column of 18-21 mm of mercury are prescribed. The doctor will tell you what kind of underwear you need.
We treat varicose veins in the legs in women, operations:
This operation is performed under general anesthesia. Incisions in the leg are made from 0. 5 cm, due to which the diseased veins are drawn.
Compression garments should be worn after surgery. Many people want to know if it is possible to get rid of varicose veins forever. Varicose veins of the lower extremities do not fully heal after surgery.
Once the patient's artery is removed, all the load it carries will be distributed to other vessels, increasing the load, so that over time, the nodes appear in a different place.
But if prophylaxis is done in time, varicose veins in women's legs are treated and if you eat properly, you can slow down the development of this disease for a long time, it will not go to a more severe stage. .
I hope, dear ones, I helped you something, you will get less sick. Run on your feet for life.