Treatment of varicose veins at home: effective methods
Varicose veins is a chronic disease, which is stretched, or lengthened veins. Varicose veins occur not only in the veins of the legs (but it is the most common form), he can develop and blood vessels, other internal organs. In all forms of varicose veins methods of treatment at home very similar.
The diagnosis is made the doctor-phlebologist or vascular surgeon, he also specifies how to treat the disease in a particular case. In the treatment of diseases is based on two ways: conservative treatment , which will be held in the home and prompt intervention.
Depending on the degree of development of venous pathology, varicose veins at home can be:
- The main treatment is only in the early stages of the disease. Appeal for medical assistance on the stage of the emergence of a small swelling or prevent the appearance of vascular pattern on the legs can help you improve the disease at home.
- Extra care in the later stages of the disease, when the developing pathology requires specialized treatment, and perform a home exercise improves blood circulation, it is necessary to supplement the basic treatment.
- Preventive measure after surgical intervention, warning of further development of the pathology.
On the basis of varicose veins is the weakness of the connective tissue of the venous wall vessels, and therefore conservative treatment of the disease is primarily intended to strengthen the wall. This approach to treatment is of paramount importance and allows us to treat varicose veins any place: as the legs and veins of the internal organs.
Also treatment of varicose veins at home requires a whole complex of additional measures:
- Continuous operation
- The intake of vitamin preparations
- Change your diet
- External medicines
- Gymnastics veins
- Wearing compression underwear
- Exercises for blood circulation
- Sleep lift legs
- Optimize your workflow
- Get rid of excess weight
- Special exercises
- Lifestyle change
Activities aimed at strengthening the vascular wall
These methods aim is to improve the permeability of the vascular walls of the veins, povyshenie its tone and elasticity – the basic directions for the treatment of varicose veins, including veins of the legs.
- Treatment drugs containing diosmin, troxerutin, escin. The treatment of these drugs should be only on prescription, which implements the selection tool, and determine the frequency and length of treatment.
- Treatment means, made according to recipes of traditional medicine.
- Intake of vitamin-a preparations, it is proved that the permeability of the vascular wall has the greatest impact on vitamins: rutin (vitamin P) and ascorbic acid. Therefore, prevention and treatment of diseases widely used of these two vitamins .
- Review your diet (details further in article).
- Use the creams and gels.
Recipes folk remedies
How to treat varicose veins at home using folk remedies:
- Alcohol tincture of flowers chestnut horse .Take 50 grams of flowers, pour 500 ml of ethyl alcohol, whose concentration is 50%. Leave the mixture on for two weeks, shaking daily, then strain. Take 30-40 drops 3 times a day before meals for 30 days.
- Infusion of nettle leaves. Take 2 tablespoons of dried herb nettle is dioecious, pour 200 ml of boiling water, leave for 1 hour. Infusion of strain, take 60 ml 3 times a day. The course of treatment 30 days, a break for 15 days, repeat two more times.
- The infusion of hops cones. Two tablespoons of dried cones pour 200 ml of hot water, simmer 10 minutes, strain. Take 200 ml infusion 2-3 times a day. Remember that it causes drowsiness.
- A solution of Apple cider vinegar. 200 ml of water, add 10 ml of apple cider vinegar, take this drink every morning and evening. The recipe is contraindicated for people with peptic ulcer disease of the gastrointestinal tract.
Recipes Ayurveda (Indian medicine)
Ayurveda States that the properties of the tone of blood vessels veins the legs are ginger, cardamom, nutmeg, ginseng, garlic. Here are some recipes:
- Add 1 kg of honey 300 g of grated ginger root, stir, take 1 tablespoon 2 times a day for 1 month.
- Add 10 ml of aloe juice a small amount (pinch) of ginger or cardamom, is taken once a day, 10 minutes before meals. The course of treatment is 60 days.
A change of diet
Healthy foods that help treat varicose veins at home:
- All kinds of citrus fruits. The specific value of citrus fruit is a white layer above the skin and the meat . The concentration of vitamin P (rutin) citrus fruit is not as large.
- Vegetables and fruits dark red, blue, red-blue, purple flowers: grapes, black currants, beets, rose hips and other. Red-blue color can give contains bio-flavonoids – biologically active substances that strengthen the vascular wall.
- Foods rich in routine: apricots, cabbage, peas, walnuts, spinach, all kinds of salads, rhubarb, green tea, buckwheat;
- Seafood, which contains a complex of substances, positively influence the elasticity of blood vessels and regeneration of damaged tissues.
The diet of the patient should be ruled out, strong coffee, black tea, alcohol.
Creams and gels
Strengthen the vascular walls of veins should be carried out not only inside, but also outside. For this purpose, creams and gels, which contain troxerutin, escin, heparin.
Also treatment of varicose veins help alcohol ointment and compress based on the recipes of alternative medicine:
- 50 g of flowers of chestnut pour 250 ml of 50% alcohol, insist in a dark place for 2 weeks, strain. Solution use the compress on the affected areas of the feet at night.
- Apple cider vinegar in its pure form to use externally – wipe them with a foot 2 times a day. Compress soak a cloth in apple cider vinegar, apply to the sore area of the foot, wrap with cellophane, wrap a wool scarf and a 30 minute lie down , raise legs.
The treatment of varicose veins legs remedies for external use is possible only with intact skin.
Measures aimed at improving venous blood circulation
- Gymnastics, whose aim is to strengthen the vein walls in the legs. Do it this way: when you go up on the toes, your heels were off the floor 1 cm and then suddenly returns to its original position. Repeat this exercise 60 times, three times, 20 times with a pause between the calls of 10 seconds. Repeat the exercise 5-6 times a day.
- Wearing compression underwear. Distinguish 5 different packs: zero degrees (preventive) of the four (medical). Selection of linen according to the degree of compression of the attending physician. Wearing compression underwear to prevent further progression of the disease, promote venous blood circulation, improve the prognosis and treatment.
- Improve venous outflow, during the day, at home to do the following exercise: lie on your back, lift your legs so that they are above heart level and hold them in this position for 20 minutes. Repeat the exercise at least 3 times a day.
- To prevent stagnation in the veins of the night, put it to sleep under the feet of a pillow or a small pillow.
Reduce the load on the veins of the legs
- Optimization of the conditions of employment, if it is associated with a long-term stay on their feet: take frequent breaks, during which you can either like it or keep your legs in a raised position;
- Reduce body weight, if there is a problem with being overweight: take action to reduce it, because it can be one of the factors that cause the disease.
Strengthening the leg muscles
Calf muscles are a kind of corset holding in the venous vessels tone. Therefore, all physical exercises aimed at strengthening them, indirectly affect the ability to drive and the venous walls to resist stretching. Strengthening the leg muscles helps regular walking, as well as the following sports: running, Aqua aerobics, swimming, Cycling. While varicose veins patients are not allowed to engage in sports involving jumping (badminton, tennis, volleyball) and weight lifting.
The transition to sedentary, sedentary to active lifestyle promote not only strengthens the leg muscles, but also speed up the congestion, promote the optimization of the venous blood circulation in the legs.
Treatment of varicose veins at home offers a comprehensive use of all these functions. Only in this condition, that it is quite effective, and can improve the early stages of the disease.
The duration of this treatment is 2-3 months. After 6 months the patient must undergo regular checks by a doctor. Early access to experts and informed approach to the treatment of 1-2 courses is not sufficient to cure varicose veins primary stage. Treatment of more advanced stages of the disease at home, without special treatment, is inappropriate, it only leads to the progression of the disease.