Foot massage is varicose veins: when it's done, effectiveness, contraindications
In this article, you will learn: how effective is massage for varicose veins, if it can help cure varicose veins. When used in the procedure, how it works. Features classical and lymph drainage massage, contraindications for the procedure.
Varicose veins certain massage techniques really help to reduce the swelling of the tissues, and thus remove the physical constriction of blood vessels. The goal is the most gentle mechanical action (stroking, light pressure of the palm) to improve the flow of interstitial fluid, and lymph flow (the movement of lymphatic fluid through the vessels).
As a result, the procedure to help reduce pain, relieve fatigue, swelling, prevents the appearance of spider veins and reticular mesh, but does not remove the already existing manifestations of varicose veins. As a bonus during a massage can be considered as improved blood circulation and the respiratory muscles and the skin, which enables improved recovery and tone the walls of blood vessels.
Optimal methods of massage of varicose veins is a classic therapeutic and lymphatic drainage. The first method is often used as a preventive measure, and in the process exclude any mechanical influence on the affected vessels or vascular network that is clearly visible through the skin. The second method is the use of early treatment of varicose veins, it is based on a slow study of large clusters of lymph nodes and vessels of the body.
Finally, the cure for varicose veins massage impossible. When the primary symptoms of the disease (severity, fatigue, tension, swelling in the legs by the end of the day) any method to effectively strengthen the walls of blood vessels and help stop the development of pathology. After the appearance of visible blood vessels and deformed mesh of nodes, the disease may be complicated by the possible separation of the clot and is in direct opposition to any mechanical action on the blood vessels.
Quality against varicose veins massages can make any doctor who completed the courses. However, because of the nature of the disease, it is better to consult a physician and only after consultation with the doctor-flebolog.
When used in massage for varicose veins
Under varicose veins suffer not only the lower limbs, although this is the most common disease. Can be affected veins of the small pelvis, genitals, uterus, rectum (hemorrhoids), stomach and esophagus.
Disease of the internal organs is usually diagnosed accidentally, when the deformation of the veins well expressed. Because of their anatomical location and late diagnosis, the massage effect for varicose veins of the internal organs is not used because it is inefficient and is more likely to damage than to improve the condition of the patient.
The procedure typically prescribed for varicose veins of the lower extremities, prevention and treatment soon to treat the symptoms. Use two types of massage: classical, therapeutic and lymphatic drainage, both species differ from each other in complex movements, but some varieties of varicose veins, the massage therapist uses the same techniques.
All types of varicose veins are as dangerous complications, such as thrombosis (formation of clot in blood vessels), thrombosis (blockage of blood clots) and thromboembolism (death as a result of shedding blood clotting), so when expressed in the form of changes in the veins of any massage is absolutely contraindicated.
Of course, check with your doctor and follow the manifestations of varicose veins: if the number of spider veins is not increased, does not seem to be a haematoma (bruising), patient feel relieved, then the process goes in the right direction.
How to massage
The main task of the therapist is to explore the surface of the limb soft, the most gentle movements, starting from the hip and ending with the stop. Varicose veins massage in any case should be more intense, warping, cutting, or sharp, such as increased fragility of blood vessel walls leads to the appearance of bleeding and hematomas.
Result of the procedure:
- Improve the lymph flow and blood flow, the fluid is actively circulates through the vessels.
- By improving the blood circulation, increases oxygen supply to the tissues, enhances regeneration and vascular tone.
- Improve the lymph circulation is more active will be cleared and displayed between the cells in the fluid.
- Reduce the swelling of the tissues around the vessels.
- Pressure vessels and valves is reduced, normalizes blood circulation.
Massage removes stagnation in the tissues of the lower extremities, its effect is similar to physical exercise, but is more gentle and relaxing effect.
Features classic massage
Classical massage of the lower limbs:
- the procedure to produce, when to put the patient on a flat surface;
- in position "lying on back" to effectively relax the muscles below the knees and the heels attach to the pillow, lifting the legs at an angle of 45 degrees;
- "prone to" foot increases the area of the foot;
- motion made cream or oil to reduce friction on the palms of the patient's skin;
- the classic foot massage when varicose veins start stroking your thighs and buttock area, keep the ankle and foot to make. Possible re-preparation in the opposite direction;
- the movement of the massage is directed upward (knees, hips, legs, knees);
- group of movements includes the surface (the palm), and which covers continuously stroking (both palms), light rubbing of the surface of the foot, without touching the deep veins. Sometimes connect easy push movement;
- I heard no mechanical impact, no matter how small, is an area which is visible manifestations of varicose veins: net or spider veins.
Therapeutic massage produces courses of 10-12 procedures, daily or every other day, preferred time – at the end of the day, fatigue, bloating, tension in the limbs is most pronounced and the effect of the procedure can be maximized.
During the procedure, the patient does not feel any pain or discomfort, in which case the procedure is best to cancel.
Features of lymph drainage massage
Lymph drainage massage of the lower extremities is characterized by very slow movements, such as the speed of lymph outflow reduced compared to the flow:
- The procedure to produce, when to put the patient on a flat surface.
- In position "lying on back" below the knees and heels to attach a small roller to gently lift the leg.
- "Prone" legs slightly raised area of the foot.
- For lymph drainage massage is not need to use oil or cream, such as friction palms to the skin of the patient is minimized.
- To begin the study of clusters of lymph nodes in the gluteal and femoral region, continue to research the ankle and foot to make.
- Group of movements includes lightly the surface with the palms of the area accumulate in the lymph nodes and slow grappled with the stroking surface of the foot.
- Movement massage directed downward (hips, knee, knees, feet).
- It excludes all movements in the field of the manifestations of varicose veins.
Lymph drainage massage produce courses 15-18 treatments, at first once a week, adding a number 3, depending on the condition of the patient. Unpleasant or painful feeling is only to perform lymphatic drainage.
Contraindications to massage
Massage for varicose veins of the lower extremities is absolutely contraindicated in:
- at all stages of varicose veins, except at the beginning;
- thrombophlebitis, thrombosis;
- dermatitis, rash;
- lymphadenitis (inflammation of lymph nodes);
- infectious diseases;
- elevated temperature.
Do not use lotions and oils with substances that increase the local temperature, for example, extracts of ginger or pepper.