Varicose veins during pregnancy: an effective treatment
Varicose veins is dilatation, in which the knots are formed, disrupted blood circulation. Often, the disease affects people who are overweight, elderly, pregnant women and those who have diseases of the heart, liver, genitals (sexually transmitted diseases – trichomoniasis, ureaplasmosis, mushrooms). Patients with varicose veins mostly women, as the special effect of the permeability and elasticity of blood vessels, is a hormonal background. Potential fluctuations in hormones can cause varicose veins. Most often, the disease attacks the veins in the legs. A man who spends time on their feet, are most susceptible to varicose veins. The disease can also appear on other parts of the body – the hands, the genitals, between legs. Particularly often these places affect varicose veins during pregnancy.
The reasons why the veins lose their elasticity, can be several:
- Genetic predisposition. If someone in your family suffer from varicose veins – the chances of getting this disease is "inherited" are very large.
- Various injuries to the veins.
- Hormonal disorders, failure (menopause, pregnancy).
- Diseases of the liver, rectum (often constipation).
- Sedentary, lack of exercise.
- Permanent work, during which increases the load on the foot and, consequently, the veins.
- Venous congenital abnormalities.
- Permanent lifting weights.
Venous diseases suffer the most from the adult population. Most often appears varicose veins during pregnancy. Treatment of the disease depends, in this case, its complexity, and the risks to the fetus and the mother.
Symptoms of varicose veins
The main symptom, talk about the development of the disease – the veins of the body become more visible. However, few people immediately pay attention. Remember that the disease is often when the veins bulging above the skin surface. This phenomenon is associated with pain and swelling, and skin changes. It becomes darker, there are dark spots. It can be dry. Sometimes there are wounds that take a long time to heal.
Varicose veins are accompanied by itching, a feeling of heaviness and fatigue in the legs. If varicose veins pregnancy groin the main symptom is the increase of the labia and the formation of nodules. Also, there is heaviness, pain when walking and exercise. After birth, the disease may suddenly disappear, just as they appeared. However, consult with your doctor still. Because varicose veins are sometimes greatly complicate the process of childbirth.
Varicose veins uterus during pregnancy
The main reason for the occurrence of varicose veins in pregnant women – hormonal changes. With the advent of the new life of the best woman's body, the aim is to supply the fetus with nutrients required for its growth. All these substances are delivered along with the blood in the veins. Therefore, the blood flow of the pregnant woman's body increases, and thus the load on the vessel growth. Thus, it is from varicose veins.
Most often the disease affects women with a genetic predisposition. Although the disease can occur anywhere on the feet, hands, inner and outer genital tract. Varicose veins of the pelvis during pregnancy is a common phenomenon. The main symptoms of the disease – abdominal pain, hypersensitivity of the genitals, painful intercourse, trouble urinating. Ignore varicose veins is very desirable, because there may be a contraindication to natural childbirth. However, radical treatment will have to wait. The only way out – drug therapy and wearing special compression underwear. Those women who are diagnosed with varicose veins of the uterus during pregnancy, you should tune in caesarean section, because during the spontaneous work can develop uterine bleeding, sometimes fatal.
Treatment of varicose veins
Of course, the treatment of varicose veins during pregnancy more difficult. All because you can only use drugs that are not always effective. In addition to medication,phlebologist (medical science, which deals with diseases of the veins) recommend:
- Hiking long walks.
- Take the supine position with raised legs.
- A contrast shower.
- Proper and balanced diet.
- Give up hot baths, saunas and baths.
- Wear compression underwear is a very effective way to deal with varicose veins.
- Use special creams, lotions, gels.
If detected in the varicose veins during pregnancy, treatment should begin immediately. Possibly before birth, the disease will disappear or at least reduce its symptoms.
The main methods of treatment of varicose veins:
- Laser. Bursts of energy to seal the vein and return to his former state.
- Phlebectomy. Varicose veins removed surgically under general anesthesia.
- Unextracted. A surgical procedure during which the diseased vein is removed, and in its place is added a flexible wire.
- Endoscopy. Used in severe cases. This measure, during which an incision is made and push it to your device's camera. The assessment of the situation inside, the expert will choose the tactics of treatment.
- Sclerotherapy. Treatment of varicose veins by injection.
- Trophic ulcers of the veins. It is a wound that does not heal because of impaired blood flow in the veins. The disease occurs in the later stages of varicose veins and causing excruciating pain.
- Thrombophlebitis. Vein inflammation, with the formation of blood clots. The cause of the disease – to slow down the flow of blood. Especially dangerous is the phenomenon of expectant mothers. The clot can block the nutrition of the placenta, resulting in the development of fetoplacental insufficiency. Why varicose veins during pregnancy requires strict control and monitoring.
- Chronic venous insufficiency – a darkening of the skin, constant fatigue and heaviness in the legs even after the holidays. The disease may be accompanied by eczema and dermatitis. The disease progresses slowly, affecting all the large areas.
All these treatments are, as a rule, expectant mothers are not prescribed. Use them only after giving birth.
If you have varicose veins during pregnancy, the correct and healthy way of life is the only salvation. Who, if not expectant mother should know about it?
Complications of varicose veins
Varicose veins – is not so terrible disease, if timely treatment is performed. But if you give up, you may experience the following complications:
Not to bring the body in such situations to help the simple prevention of varicose veins.
Many expectant mothers interested in the question: "If there is varicose veins during pregnancy, what to do?" The correct answer is to carry out a timely prevention:
- Forget about posture "foot to foot" in a sitting position.
- Do not abuse harmful products, contain cholesterol.
- Maintain weight at a certain level.
- Get rid of the narrow, restrictive and uncomfortable clothes.
- The same should be done shoes. It is in any case should be one size smaller.
- To avoid constipation.
- Eat more fresh vegetables and fruits.
- If you are doing a permanent job, find 15 minutes to rest.
- If you lead a sedentary lifestyle, engage in Hiking for 2 hours.
- Wear compression tights or socks.
- Minimize alcohol and coffee.
- To Give Up Smoking.
Traditional methods of treatment
Folk wisdom for the treatment of varicose veins can be used as a separate and additional method.
Medicinal recipes can be divided into packing and tea.
- Garlic. Dilute one to two garlic (chopped) and vegetable oil. Apply to the diseased veins in the night.
- Kalanchoe. Flowers leaves infuse in the alcohol for three weeks. The resulting lotion wipe the affected areas of the veins.
- Raw mashed potatoes – the best remedy against fatigue and swelling in the legs.
- Nettle. One teaspoon of dried herbs pour 300 ml of boiling water and infuse. Drink 0.5 cups 3 times a day.
- Nutmeg. Spoon one tablespoon of nutmeg powder dissolved in 200 ml of boiling water and add honey. Drink an hour before meals with one glass a day. Powerful tool even in the later stages of varicose veins.
When is varicose veins during pregnancy, popular methods of treatment is the best medicine!
Using herbs and extracts, be sure to consult with your doctor. Home, herbal medicine, though, and has established itself well in the treatment of many diseases, but sometimes it can backfire.
Varicose veins and childbirth
Of course, small varicose veins – it is not an indication for cesarean section. If varicose veins on the legs with a solution of special compression stockings that put on before the birth.
But if you noticed, varicose veins during pregnancy groin, the picture is different. The fact is that during childbirth women can become breaks, which are often affected by varicose veins. And it will cause bleeding and infections. Therefore, the varicose veins of the pelvic organs often refuse to have natural childbirth.
The expectant mother is recommended to get cash on a phlebologist, which makes recommendations to give.
Varicose veins after childbirth
Many postpartum varicose veins goes. However, if not, it's time to deal with the disease. The risk to the fetus is already there, so you can use all the possible methods of treatment. One of the most simple and effective sclerotherapy where medicine is injected into the patient's vein using a thin needle. The procedure is performed under general anesthesia. After the completion of the scars still.
Also should continue to wear compression underwear, and Hiking. Now walking is more fun, because you have a newborn baby!
Varicose veins – a disease in which the veins lose their elasticity. A huge impact the disease is a hormones. Any hormone fluctuations may adversely affect the feet (the main attack varicose veins).
Many mothers-to-be interested in, why am I getting varicose veins during pregnancy, how to treat the disease, not to harm yourself and your child? The best treatment is regular and healthy lifestyle, walks in the fresh air and compression. Medication and surgery pregnant is better to abstain.